RECIPE / Fresh Fruit Spring Rolls
Fresh, light, summery AND only rings in at about 50 calories a piece, this dish is a favorite knock-out dessert at any party.
I used fresh fruit that was around in my kitchen but any flavor combination that you like will work.
Here’s what you’ll need-
- 1 ripe Mango
- 2 Pears
- 1 c Blackberries ( or raspberries )
- 3 Kiwis
- 10 sheets of spring roll wrappers ( Not in the refrigerated aisle! )
For the sauce :
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 8oz greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger ( I use more, I'm a ginger person )
- Start with peeling your mango with a paring knife. Work you way around the core to cut off as much of the meat of the fruit as possible. Slice into long, thin segments.
- Cut your pears in half, then in half again. Cut away the core and peel away the skin. Cut long, thin segments similar to the mango.
- Cut tops and bottoms off the kiwis. Cut away the skin and slice into thin medallions.
Preparing the Sauce:
Mix together Greek yogurt ( I used Fage ), Honey, Ginger and Lemon. Wisk until full infused. Set aside.
Fill one large bowl or sauce with water next to a clean countertop. This is going to become the rolling station. Take your spring roll wrappers and dip into water for 15 seconds. Remove and place on countertop ( I used my cutting board ). Wrappers should be clear. Starting approx. 1/4th the way up from the bottom of the wrapper, start by placing a few large segments of pear and mango. Layer neatly, adding the kiwi medallions, blackberries and a dollop of dipping sauce.
Wrapping takes a bit of practice, but here’s how I did it. Start but folding the bottom segment over the fruit. Push the fruit towards you as your are pulling the wrapper over it. This will make for a tight roll. Fold in both sides. Continue rolling and then you’re done! Repeat until you run out of fruit or wrappers. Serve with side spoonful of sauce and a few straw blackberries.